[llvm-dev] [GSoC 2016] Need more info on Add a MachineModulePass

vivek pandya via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 16 13:00:17 PDT 2016

Hello,

Probably this may be too late to start thinking about this project but I
think this is particularly useful feature for LLVM. A quick use I can think
of this is Implementing Inter-procedural Register Allocation ( for Research
purpose ).

I have start looking at the code for MachineFunctionPass, I think currently
MachineModule class is not available ( the project work will include that )
but trying to find out required details to first create a MachineModule
class which holds references to required information. I am also trying to
figure out what are the things should compose MachineModule class ( some
sort of analogy with Module class used for IR passes)

After that I think next step is to extend the ModulePass and let ModulePass
execute optimization provide enough information.

Am I going in correct direction?
Please provide some pointers.

Sincerely,
*Vivek Pandya*