[Openmp-dev] CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX vs -fopenmp and clang search library search path

Carlo Bertolli cbertol at us.ibm.com
Thu May 14 20:26:12 PDT 2015

Hi all

About the name of the library, I vote for -lllomp, i.e. lib name
libllomp.a.

There is already a (perhaps unofficially named) LOMP library around (which
can be used as openmp runtime for clang) and this would make some
discussion hard to understand. See references to it here:

http://cscads.rice.edu/workshops/summer-2012/slides/performance-tools/OpenMP-for-exascale-CScADS.pdf
https://www.alcf.anl.gov/files/BlueGeneQ_Optimization.pdf

Thanks

-- Carlo

(Apologies if you see this as a replicated e-mail, I tried answering this
thread from an e-mail address that the mailing list seems not to recognize)

<David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk