[Openmp-dev] Patch for PPC64LE architecture

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Wed Oct 22 23:32:56 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Carlo Bertolli <cbertol at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> The following patch is to support the PPC64LE (little endian) architecture.
>
> Please note that in the source code I distinguished the two architectures
> with two different macros (KMP_ARCH_PPC64 and KMP_ARCH_PPC64LE).
> However, the two macros are currently always used together and the
> compilation path is precisely the same.
> I did this because I wanted to make sure that in the future we are able to
> distinguish them.
>

> Please let me know your thoughts.

I don't think this is super important, but I would have done the following

KMP_ARCH_PPC64 == Things shared for both BE and LE
KMP_ARCH_PPC64BE == BE specific
KMP_ARCH_PPC64LE == LE specific

Currently in the patch I think you're using KMP_ARCH_PPC64 to mean BE, but
in the future if anything is common to both of them will you just use
KMP_ARCH_PPC64 || KMP_ARCH_PPC64LE or what's the plan? (They can't always
be mutually exclusive - can they?)