[Openmp-dev] (no subject)

Jack Howarth howarth.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 31 06:51:10 PDT 2014

C. Bergström,
        My initial attempts are  just to duplicate the behavior of 'make
compiler=clang' as closely as possible to order to maintain continuity
between the two build approaches. I have been pondering the usage of the
external_symbols.lst file in the build.pl approach. It is unclear to me
that this is really hiding any symbols. Shouldn't we just be passing
-fvisibility=hidden to the c++ compiler and adding explicit instances of

__attribute__ ((visibility ("default")))

to the c++ source files for those symbols we want to export from libiomp?
         Jack