[llvm-dev] Proposal: introduce dependency on abseil when building benchmarks

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 7 09:31:40 PDT 2021

There's probably no better mailing list, etc. It's an unfortunate situation
that active developers don't/can't keep up with llvm-dev (it's a lot, even
without commits lists, etc) such that it generally isn't sufficient to
email a non-targeted email to llvm-dev and expect to find the interested
parties in some particular subsystem/feature area/etc. Generally if you
don't already know at least a representative subset of interested parties
you may need to go looking for them similar to finding appropriate code
reviewers - check commit histories in the code in question, commit
histories in buildbot configurations that might be using this feature (in
this case), and maybe then buildbot owners that enable the configuration.
If you can find at least a couple of interested parties in such a search
and nothing else turns up that may be adequate to provide a variety of
perspectives/sufficient consensus to make a decision and/or they might be
able to point to others they know of who are working in that area.