[llvm-dev] LLVM Weekly - #368, January 18th 2021
Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 18 11:26:49 PST 2021
LLVM Weekly - #368, January 18th 2021
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the three hundred and sixty-eighth issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-bradbury/). Subscribe to future
issues at <http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may
be interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <asb at asbradbury.org>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
## News and articles from around the web
LLVM 11.0.1 was
## On the mailing lists
* Mike Edwards sent a [reminder about the process of default branch renaming
on LLVM github
* In line with the LLVM Proposal Process, Geoffrey Martin-Noble posted a
[pitch on allowing unsupported build configurations in the LLVM
This follows on from previous discussions about supporting the Bazel build
* Tom Stellard posted an RFC on [automated signing of release
* Christian Kühnel [announced the formation of a new LLVM infrastructure
putting out a call for anyone interested to join.
* Vishal Chebrolu looped back to write up his [GSoc 2020 project to improve
* Arthur Eubanks offers an [update on the new pass manager status and
from his perspective.
* William Moses proposed the [Enzyme automatic differentiation
for inclusion in LLVM as an incubator project.
* ORC JIT Weekly #28 [is
prototype of the new ORC runtime has been posted.
## LLVM commits
* The llvm.experimental.noalias.scope.decl intrinsic was introduced, and can
be used to identify where a noalias scope is declared.
* FastISel was updated to handle materialisations of local constants and
addresses in a way that should improve debug info quality.
* `-print-changed` gained a quiet mode that will suppress all output when IR
doesn't change. [43a830e](https://reviews.llvm.org/rG43a830ed9418).
* A number of scalable vector ISel patterns were added for RISC-V.
* dsymutil gained preliminary support for DWARF 5.
* BasicAA was updated to handle recursive queries more efficiently.
* A scheduling model was added for the Fujitsu A64FX.
* The targetShrinkDemandedConstant hook was implemented for the RISC-V backend
in order to try to ensure immediates are generated that can be used in an ANDI
## Clang commits
* New `enforce_tcb` and `enforce_tcb_leaf` attributes were introduced in order
to help enforce a Trusted Computing Base by warning when a function with the
`enforce_tcb` attribute calls a function lacking that attribute.
* mapAnyOf and binaryOperations AST matchers were added.
## Other project commits
* LLVM's libc gained implementations of memmove, isascii, and toascii.
* libunwind gained support for the VE architecture.
* Sphinx is now used for generating LLDB's Python API reference rather than
* MLIR's bufferization docs were updated.
* A Complex MLIR dialect was introduced (complex numbers).
More information about the llvm-dev