[llvm-dev] GitHub Default Branch Renaming

Mike Edwards via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 11 16:27:17 PST 2021

Hi,
I just wanted to send out a reminder, we are working through the long-tail
of updating default branch names on all repositories in the LLVM GitHub
organization.  If you notice you are unable to push to a "master" branch
this will mean the default branch for a given repository has been updated
to now be called "main".  Please move your commit over to the main branch
and try pushing again.  We are hoping to have this effort wrapped up and
the old "master" branches all removed by the end of this month.  Any
further updates on this project will be communicated here:
https://foundation.llvm.org/docs/branch-rename/ .  Thanks for your time and
attention.  Hope you all are doing well and staying safe.

Respectfully,
Mike Edwards
on behalf of the LLVM Foundation