[llvm-dev] [Ad] New LLVM Book

易水寒 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 28 10:10:55 PDT 2021

New tinder!

-RonxBulld

From:  "Min-Yih Hsu via llvm-dev";<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>;
Send time: Thursday, Apr 29, 2021 0:41 AM
To: "LLVM Dev"<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>; "cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org Developers"<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org>;

Subject:  [llvm-dev] [Ad] New LLVM Book

Hi All,

I’m glad to tell you that my new book on Clang and LLVM Middle-End development has just been released.

“LLVM Techniques, Tips, and Best Practices Clang and Middle-End Libraries"
https://www.amazon.com/Techniques-Practices-Clang-Middle-End-Libraries/dp/1838824952

Here are some highlighted topics:
 - How to save computation resources when building LLVM
 - Using LIT in out-of-tree projects
 - Developing custom TableGen backend
 - Creating custom Clang toolchain
 - Clang AST plugin development
 - Writing LLVM Pass 101 — new PassManager edition
 - LLVM development utilities (e.g. Error handling and timer) in a nutshell
 - PGO and sanitizer development

I think many of these topics are useful for LLVM developers — especially those who work closely with upstream. It will be great if you can take a look and please don’t hesitate to share your feedbacks with me!

I would also like to give out some digital versions of this book — for free — to people here. To appreciate this community for always being nice and inclusive :-)
Please contact me (minyihh at uci.edu) if you’re interested.

Thank you!
-Min