[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] [Ad] New LLVM Book

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 28 09:56:18 PDT 2021

This is great. Congratulations!

-Yuanfang

From: cfe-dev <cfe-dev-bounces at lists.llvm.org> on behalf of Min-Yih Hsu via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 9:41 AM
To: LLVM Dev; cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org Developers
Subject: [cfe-dev] [Ad] New LLVM Book

Hi All,

I’m glad to tell you that my new book on Clang and LLVM Middle-End development has just been released.

“LLVM Techniques, Tips, and Best Practices Clang and Middle-End Libraries"
https://www.amazon.com/Techniques-Practices-Clang-Middle-End-Libraries/dp/1838824952

Here are some highlighted topics:
 - How to save computation resources when building LLVM
 - Using LIT in out-of-tree projects
 - Developing custom TableGen backend
 - Creating custom Clang toolchain
 - Clang AST plugin development
 - Writing LLVM Pass 101 — new PassManager edition
 - LLVM development utilities (e.g. Error handling and timer) in a nutshell
 - PGO and sanitizer development

I think many of these topics are useful for LLVM developers — especially those who work closely with upstream. It will be great if you can take a look and please don’t hesitate to share your feedbacks with me!

I would also like to give out some digital versions of this book — for free — to people here. To appreciate this community for always being nice and inclusive :-)
Please contact me (minyihh at uci.edu<mailto:minyihh at uci.edu>) if you’re interested.

Thank you!
-Min