[llvm-dev] [Ad] New LLVM Book
Min-Yih Hsu via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 28 09:41:21 PDT 2021
I’m glad to tell you that my new book on Clang and LLVM Middle-End development has just been released.
“LLVM Techniques, Tips, and Best Practices Clang and Middle-End Libraries"
Here are some highlighted topics:
- How to save computation resources when building LLVM
- Using LIT in out-of-tree projects
- Developing custom TableGen backend
- Creating custom Clang toolchain
- Clang AST plugin development
- Writing LLVM Pass 101 — new PassManager edition
- LLVM development utilities (e.g. Error handling and timer) in a nutshell
- PGO and sanitizer development
I think many of these topics are useful for LLVM developers — especially those who work closely with upstream. It will be great if you can take a look and please don’t hesitate to share your feedbacks with me!
I would also like to give out some digital versions of this book — for free — to people here. To appreciate this community for always being nice and inclusive :-)
Please contact me (minyihh at uci.edu <mailto:minyihh at uci.edu>) if you’re interested.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the llvm-dev