[llvm-dev] Round tables

Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 18 23:55:35 PDT 2019

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 7:16 AM Renato Golin via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I haven't seen much about the round tables at the dev meeting, on the
> list or the web page, anyone keeping track of those?
>
> I propose we do the usual one for VPlan to see who is working on what
> in the future, and one on SVE, so that we can sync on what's missing
> for this stage (IR) and what's the priorities for the next stages.
>
> I'd also like to discuss transformations in MLIR, like parallel
> extensions, polyhedral, threading, open mp, etc. How feasible would be
> to use it as an intermediate-IR for some LLVM passes, in addition to
> being an input-IR to the middle end.

Yeah we're really interested in topics about MLIR related thing! The one we
had at EuroLLVM was very interesting.

I'm interested in a round-table to discuss possible evolutions of GitHub
workflow (post-transition) and discussing experience with pre-merge
testing, pull-request, etc.

> Should we track this somewhere? At least having a list would be nice,
> so that people know what to look for, leaving the times to be defined
> later, if necessary.

I asked Tanya about this last week and she was wrapping up a bunch of
things with the program, but we should have before the end of the month a
form to accept round table suggestions before the event, that include
picking time slots (hence having the schedule for the talks before to help
picking convenient time slots for a round-table topic).

Best,

--
Mehdi