[llvm-dev] Round tables

Kristof Beyls via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 19 02:03:16 PDT 2019

Op do 19 sep. 2019 om 08:56 schreef Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 7:16 AM Renato Golin via llvm-dev <
> llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
>> I haven't seen much about the round tables at the dev meeting, on the
>> list or the web page, anyone keeping track of those?
>>
>> I propose we do the usual one for VPlan to see who is working on what
>> in the future, and one on SVE, so that we can sync on what's missing
>> for this stage (IR) and what's the priorities for the next stages.
>>
>> I'd also like to discuss transformations in MLIR, like parallel
>> extensions, polyhedral, threading, open mp, etc. How feasible would be
>> to use it as an intermediate-IR for some LLVM passes, in addition to
>> being an input-IR to the middle end.
>>

> Yeah we're really interested in topics about MLIR related thing! The one
> we had at EuroLLVM was very interesting.
>
> I'm interested in a round-table to discuss possible evolutions of GitHub
> workflow (post-transition) and discussing experience with pre-merge
> testing, pull-request, etc.

I'm interested in a round-table to discuss the pros and cons of potentially
moving away from bugzilla to another issue tracking system, with the GitHub
issue tracking system being the most obvious alternative.
I guess it may be best for that to be a different round table to a Github
workflow round-table, but there may be some overlap with a workflow
roundtable?

Thanks,

Kristof