[llvm-dev] Scalable Vector Types in IR - Next Steps?

Jacob Lifshay via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 18 18:16:42 PDT 2019

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 5:26 PM Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Three ISAs at present:
>
> - SVE in Aarch64
> - MVE in ARM Cortex-M (quite different from SVE)
> - RVV in RISC-V
>
> It would not surprise me if other ISAs implement similar vector
> extensions in future.

We're planning on implementing scalable vector support in the SimpleV ISA
extension as well. Admittedly, we will most likely need additional IR
modifications (allowing vectors of vectors), but I think having scalable
vector support already built in will help greatly.

Jacob Lifshay