[llvm-dev] [monorepo, CMake] LLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS question

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 8 11:15:35 PST 2019

I tried passing

-DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS=compiler-rt;lld;openmp

to cmake and got this reported from cmake:

  llvm project is disabled

However, llvm does actually appear to be built.  I don't recall seeing
this warning prior to using the monorepo but I can't be sure.

If I add llvm to the project list, it becomes:

  llvm project is enabled

It seems the disabled message is innocuous but I wonder if there is
something more going on.  Does "enabling" the LLVM project cause the
build to behave differently in some way?

                           -David