[llvm-dev] [monorepo, CMake] LLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS question

Shoaib Meenai via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 8 13:09:42 PST 2019

Yeah, that's harmless but confusing, and r355735 should get rid of it. Thanks for pointing it out!

On 3/8/19, 11:16 AM, "llvm-dev on behalf of David Greene via llvm-dev" <llvm-dev-bounces at lists.llvm.org on behalf of llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

    I tried passing

    -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS=compiler-rt;lld;openmp

    to cmake and got this reported from cmake:

      llvm project is disabled

    However, llvm does actually appear to be built.  I don't recall seeing
    this warning prior to using the monorepo but I can't be sure.

    If I add llvm to the project list, it becomes:

      llvm project is enabled

    It seems the disabled message is innocuous but I wonder if there is
    something more going on.  Does "enabling" the LLVM project cause the
    build to behave differently in some way?

                               -David