[llvm-dev] Stack maps on AArch64

Rob Lyerly via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 15 06:00:11 PDT 2016

Hi Philip,

I can create the patch.  I've never done this before, so I'm just going to
follow [1]? Do I also need to create a test for ELF binaries to ensure that
the section gets generated correctly?

[1] http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 10:52 PM, Philip Reames <listmail at philipreames.com>
wrote:

> Rob,
>
> Are you planning on sending a patch for this?  If not, I'll get to it
> eventually.
>
> Philip
>

> On 06/14/2016 04:14 PM, Jim Grosbach via llvm-dev wrote:
>
> This matches my recollection. Things were conditionalized on what we had
> use cases for from which we could derive meaningful test cases.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 13, 2016, at 6:27 PM, Andrew Trick via llvm-dev <
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Mostly likely, nobody got around to writing ELF tests. The change to
> enable stack maps on ELF would be fine if it includes a test case.
> -Andy
>
> On Jun 13, 2016, at 5:38 PM, Lang Hames via llvm-dev <
> llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I don't recall anything MachO specific in the AArch64 stack maps code.
> Digging through the svn history it looks like the call
> to SM.serializeToStackMapSection() used to be unconditional but was put
> under the isOSBinFormateMachO() test in r206610. Tim - was there a reason
> for that? If not, I think it should be safe to just move it back out.
>
> Cheers,
> Lang.
>
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 1:07 PM, Juergen Ributzka via llvm-dev <
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
>> [+ Lang]
>>
>> On Jun 13, 2016, at 9:58 AM, Philip Reames via llvm-dev <
>> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>
>> Andy, Juergen,
>>
>> I don't know enough about AArch64 to assess here.  Is the proposed change
>> below something we should take in tree?  I'm happy to do the mechanics of
>> posting a patch (if Rob doesn't), but I don't know enough to assess.  Would
>> such a patch be self contained?  Or is there other work needed?
>>
>> Philip
>>
>> On 05/26/2016 12:28 PM, Rob Lyerly via llvm-dev wrote:
>>
>> I figured out the issue -- the AArch64 backend only emits the stack map
>> section if isOSBinFormateMachO() returns true -- see [1], lines 123 - 134.
>> Moving the call to serializeToStackMapSection() outside of the conditional
>> fixes the problem.
>>
>> [1] <http://llvm.org/doxygen/AArch64AsmPrinter_8cpp_source.html>
>> http://llvm.org/doxygen/AArch64AsmPrinter_8cpp_source.html
>>
>> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Rob Lyerly < <rlyerly at vt.edu>
>> rlyerly at vt.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I'm using LLVM's stack map intrinsic to store value location
>>> information.  I've got a pass that automatically inserts the
>>> "llvm.experimental.stackmap" intrinsic into the IR.  On x86-64, an