[LLVMdev] Interprocedural slicing using LLVM

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Sat Nov 17 12:19:39 PST 2012

On 11/17/12 6:25 AM, Mingliang LIU wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  1. How can I report a bug or commit a patch to the giri progject? I
>     doubt this central commit list is the right place.

I think posting to llvmdev is fine for now.  However, I think it would
be better if we just gave you commit access so that you can make changes
directly.  Would you like commit access?

>  1. Are you still maintaining the giri project any more?

Well, we never really started maintaining the giri project.  We began
the work of releasing our code by creating the giri project and adding
some of our slicing code to it because people kept asking us for a
copy.  We really haven't started a concerted effort to make it a "real"
LLVM sub-project (like SAFECode, for example) because a) one of the
primary contributors is finishing his Ph.D., and b) we weren't sure if
there was a sufficient community of users that would use it and help us
maintain it.

So, if you'd like to update giri or provide bug fixes or what not, I can
give you commit access, and you can have at it.  The only thing we ask
is that the code be licensed under the University of Illinois open
source license (the BSD-style license that LLVM uses).

-- John T.