[LLVMdev] Interprocedural slicing using LLVM

Mingliang LIU liuml07 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 03:25:25 PST 2012

Hi,

   1. How can I report a bug or commit a patch to the giri progject? I
   doubt this central commit list is the right place.
   2. Are you still maintaining the giri project any more?

Thank you.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM, John Criswell <criswell at illinois.edu>wrote:

> On 6/26/12 5:07 PM, amruth.rd wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am curious to know if LLVM offers any passes to do interprocedural
> slicing,  I need to eliminate most of the computations(possibly all, if
> they don't influence the control flow), but the control flow of the program
> should be maintained at all cost. I did see an optimization pass to print
> the CFG of a function without its body to a dot file, but I am interested
> in generating the source code which gets printed to a dot file.
>
> There are two static backwards slicing passes for LLVM.
>
> The first is a partial implementation I wrote for a course project. The
> code is in the giri project:
>
> svn co https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/giri/trunk giri
>
> The Giri code runs with an older version of LLVM and probably needs some
> TLC.  It also only backtracks until it hits a load; additional code must
> be written to backtrack further to find potentially reaching stores.
>
> The second option is to use some code written by Jiri Slaby at
> https://github.com/jirislaby/LLVMSlicer.  I believe his implementation
> is a complete static backwards slicer, but I haven't used it myself, so
> I don't know it's quality or what version of LLVM it uses.
>
> I think someone at UW-Madison may have an implementation as well; I'll
> contact that person and see.
>
> -- John T.
>

> > Thanks,
> > Amruth

Mingliang LIU (刘明亮 in Chinese)

PACMAN Group,  Dept. of Computer Science & Technology
Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Email: liuml07 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Homepage: http://pacman.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn/~liuml07/