[LLVMdev] Interprocedural slicing using LLVM

Mingliang LIU liuml07 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 19:20:55 PST 2012

John,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Firstly, I'd like to employ a slicer for our benchmarking work (in one
word, reducing the long-time irrelevant computing). I find the giri project
and the LLVMSlicer[1]. However, the giri doesn't seem a complete
implementation to me. I admit that I have not finished reading
document/discussion, e.g. the previous threads in this mailing list. While
the latter has no documents/comments, which is of great importance to a
beginner.

Secondly, I'm not an actual compiler guy although I'm trying to. If any of
you who participated the giri project would like to direct me to write a
full, generic and robust slicer for LLVM, I'm more confident to work on it.

Last, in FindFlow.h:67, is the code correct? I suppose it should be:

> -   std::vector<const Function *>::iterator FE = Targets.begin();
> ---
> +   std::vector<const Function *>::iterator FE = Targets.end();

Regards.

[1] https://github.com/jirislaby

Email: liuml07 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Homepage: http://pacman.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn/~liuml07/