[LLVMdev] Circular depependency resolution suggestions

Carter, Jack jcarter at mips.com
Tue Nov 8 10:28:40 PST 2011

When I resynced with trunk on Monday I encountered a circular dependency error in my branch of Target/Mips .

I suspect that this kind of error will be part of my llvm life and would like to see some strategies for tracking down what exactly was causing the problem  and eventually get them in the FAQ.

The find-cycles tool points me to the archives involved and I know to look at the CMakeLists.txt to see what the makefile will gather together in a particular archive.

So what are the common techniques used to track down exact which declaration/definition caused the problem. Especially if it happens by just resyncing sources to stuff you have long changed?

Any specific suggestions are appreciated.

Jack