[LLVMdev] LLVM Dev Meeting - Program and logisics

Kipping, David dkipping at qualcomm.com
Tue Nov 8 15:44:36 PST 2011

In case you haven't seen it, the program for this year's LLVM Dev Meeting has been posted:
                http://llvm.org/devmtg/2011-11/
Note there may be some minor changes to the program before the meeting.

We are looking for volunteers to serve as session time keepers. There are 18 sessions, so if there are 8 volunteers, each will only need to cover 2 sessions. Please contact me directly.

This year's Dev meeting is in the San Jose Marriott on the other side of the San Jose Convention Center from last year's Dev meeting. In the lobby of the Marriott, take the escalator up (there is only one) to the next floor/"San Jose Ballroom Foyer" - registration desk will be close to the top and opens at 8AM. Badges will be pre-printed and those registered for dinner will also receive their dinner ticket at that time. After you collect your badge, proceed to the Foyer for coffee and light breakfast before the first session begins at 9AM

If you are registered but not going to attend, please let us know, even the day of the meeting; people are on the waitlist for dinner.

There will be a hacking session the day before the meeting, Nov 17, beginning about 2pm and running till whenever. Interest expressed so far:

> Dawn: LLDB, VFS (virtual file system) support in Clang,

Unicode/localization in Clang

> Joe: ARMv5 thumb support - there's more to it than just bug 1138; stack slot coloring improvements; ARM constant island pass enhancements - still some improvements to be made in this area.

> David: tidying up the codebase (mostly focusing on clang) for consistency, fixing bugs, improving diagnostics (more fixit hints, less false positives, etc). Recent perf work on the clang static analyzer's looks interesting.
Hacking location to be finalized, but will likely be a suite in the Marriott. There will be power, wireless, and a cooler with Redbull.

If you would like to join, or just downtown/checking into the Marriott and want to meet up with other LLVMers, send me an email and I will tell you where we end up.