[LLVMdev] Bit-code file input to ld (was: ...From module/bitcode to Mach-O dylib file directly)

Luke Evans luke at eversosoft.com
Mon Mar 16 22:18:42 PDT 2009

On 16-Mar-09, at 9:50 PM, Luke Evans wrote:
> ...which I did - though I had to ensure I had the target triple set
> in the module just right: "x86_64-apple-darwin"

D'oh.  Spoke too soon (sort of).

I have apparently managed to create a bit-code file that will happily
be ingested by ld.  The dylib that comes out has my symbol in it
(according to nm).
However, my call to dlsym, which used to work happily with my earlier
pipeline (using default arch and llc-as-ld to get the dylib) now
returns NULL.

Is there anything special about symbol names generated by ld with
x86_64 arch?

-- lwe