[LLVMdev] Bit-code file input to ld (was: ...From module/bitcode to Mach-O dylib file directly)

Luke Evans luke at eversosoft.com
Tue Mar 17 00:14:28 PDT 2009

...got it.  Architecture mismatch with the dylib - nothing to do with
LLVM.

i386 works in the module target triple and the -arch arg of ld.
Don't know why (yet) x86_64 doesn't work.  I think perhaps I end up
only running the 32 bit binary even though I'm building 32/64
Universal, and the single-architecture x86_64 dylib isn't loading.

Anyway, I've got enough working to have the confidence to press on
with my LLVM project, and I think its gonna be fun.
It's early days indeed, but I'm already impressed with my LLVM
experience.  That includes the general quality of the coding (and
commenting) style in the LLVM sources I've looked at.  I'm not a big
fan of C++, but I find _this_ C++ to be quite 'tasteful' (I've seen an
awful lot of the other).  Keep up the great work guys.

-- lwe