[LLVMdev] Possibly Vista-related Windows/MinGW Compilation Issues

Kenneth Boyd zaimoni at zaimoni.com
Fri May 30 07:31:11 PDT 2008

Anton Korobeynikov wrote:
> Hello, Jonathan
>

>> I thought I'd messed up something related to the linker,
>> but I couldn't explain why XP would work using the same steps.
>>
> The only thing comes to my mind seeing this: perl from msysDTK works
> differently (somehow) on Vista, thus llvm-config is broken which leads
> to missed libraries, broken dependencies, etc. \

I'm also on Vista (although with a different Perl).  The error pattern
looks half-familiar.

Does the attached patch (MingW32.Vista.patch) work for you, Jonathan?

[Note: I don't think this is clean enough to apply to trunk.  I can
write a revised one for trunk on request, although it'll probably come
no earlier than June 1st.

llvm-config.in.in
* abspath is standard only with Perl 5.6 and higher.  The mainline idiom
also works with Perl 5.005.  A proper patch for trunk would support both.
* I wasn't able to get the pwd autodetection working at all, so it is
*cough* hard-coded *cough* for MingW32.  That shouldn't be in a patch
for trunk at all.

GenLibDeps.pl
* A patch for trunk would try the mainline implementation first, then
failover to using Perl to emulate the non-working pipe series.]

Kenneth Boyd