[LLVMdev] Possibly Vista-related Windows/MinGW Compilation Issues

Jonathan Turner probata at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 08:22:20 PDT 2008

> Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:31:11 -0500
> From: zaimoni at zaimoni.com
> To: asl at math.spbu.ru; llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu
> Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] Possibly Vista-related	Windows/MinGW	Compilation	Issues
>
> I'm also on Vista (although with a different Perl).  The error pattern
> looks half-familiar.
>
> Does the attached patch (MingW32.Vista.patch) work for you, Jonathan?

I'll see if I can get it to break again to see if that also helps.  I suspect my problem was due to having tried to manually installed mingw and msys earlier in the day and not having a clean setup.  I removed the old directories and reinstalled the mingw-related pieces this morning.  I thought I'd done a reinstall last night before I sent the email, and it didn't work.  Still scratching my head on what I did differently today so that I could help other people avoid that issue in the future.

Jonathan