[LLVMdev] compiling the full SPEC CPU2000 suite to LLVM bytecode

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Aug 31 10:13:53 PDT 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Kenneth Hoste wrote:
>>  It doesn't to me.  If you set F95_DIR to /work/NAG_f95 things will
>>  probably work much better for you.
>
> No, that doesn't seem to be the problem. If I provide the additional
> --with-f95 option with the correct directory to configure,
> I still get the same errors (although it mentions /work/NAG_f95/lib/
> NAGWare/... not found as errors now).

Okay, well that's progress.

> It seems the paths in Makefile.nagfortran (in llvm-test) are hardcoded
> (lib/NAGWare/quickfit.o and such).

ok

> When I adjust the settings in Makefile.nagfortran as follows, I'm able to get
> bytecode file for lucas, galgel and facerec, but make still quits with an
> error (after generating
> bytecode files for 7 (out of 26) benchmarks.
>
> Also, the file 'libf97.dylib' isn't in my NAG_f95/lib directory, and nothing
> remotely like it either.
>
> Are some major changes in the NAG Fortran compiler itself the cause of this?
> Which version are you using? Which paths are present in the
> Makefile.nagfortran file?
> I'm using the 5.1(216) release of f95.

This sounds like differences in NAG version.  I'm using 5.0(400).  Perhaps
newer versions broke our makefile.

If you'd like to investigate what is required to make it work with NAG
5.1, and modify Makefile.nagfortran as appropriate, we can merge it back
into mainline adding code that autodetects the nag version and does the
right thing.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/