[LLVMdev] compiling the full SPEC CPU2000 suite to LLVM bytecode

Kenneth Hoste kenneth.hoste at elis.ugent.be
Thu Aug 31 10:46:32 PDT 2006

On 31 Aug 2006, at 19:13, Chris Lattner wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Kenneth Hoste wrote:
>
>> When I adjust the settings in Makefile.nagfortran as follows, I'm
>> able to get bytecode file for lucas, galgel and facerec, but make
>> still quits with an error (after generating
>> bytecode files for 7 (out of 26) benchmarks.
>>
>> Also, the file 'libf97.dylib' isn't in my NAG_f95/lib directory,
>> and nothing remotely like it either.
>>
>> Are some major changes in the NAG Fortran compiler itself the
>> cause of this? Which version are you using? Which paths are
>> present in the Makefile.nagfortran file?
>> I'm using the 5.1(216) release of f95.
>
> This sounds like differences in NAG version.  I'm using 5.0(400).
> Perhaps newer versions broke our makefile.
>
> If you'd like to investigate what is required to make it work with
> NAG 5.1, and modify Makefile.nagfortran as appropriate, we can
> merge it back into mainline adding code that autodetects the nag
> version and does the right thing.

Bummer. I think I'll contact the NAG support for more info on this.
Can you show me the content of your Makefile.nagfortran?
Also, it is possible to tell make only to compile benchmark X? How
can I enforce this?

I'll try and get to the bottom of this. My evaluation period of the
NAG compiler ends next week though... I'll hope I can figure it out
before that time.

greetings,

Kenneth

--

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but
what they conceal is vital (Aaron Levenstein)

Kenneth Hoste
ELIS - Ghent University
kenneth.hoste at elis.ugent.be
http://www.elis.ugent.be/~kehoste