[LLVMdev] Testing Release 1.5

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue May 17 13:55:01 PDT 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005, John Criswell wrote:
> Misha Brukman wrote:
>> On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 01:20:48PM -0500, John Criswell wrote:

> First, the nightly tester is designed to test LLVM given that you have a GCC
> frontend (CFE) already compiled.  Part of my process is building CFE binaries
> and then testing them along with LLVM.  The nightly tester does not build
> it's own CFE; it would have to be adjusted to do this.
>
> Second, everyone is testing the CVS mainline.  Having something that tests a
> specific CVS label would be good.  That's a small mod to the script, as you
> suggested above.

Note that both of these things could be optional changes to the nightly
test script and have been requested in the past.  In particular, though
the first one would require a lot more build time, it would be quite
useful for some people.

If anyone has the perl skills and the inclination to hack on the nightly
tester script, it would be a cool enhancement...

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/