[LLVMdev] making cygwin nightly builds available?

Marshall Spight marshall.spight at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 10:35:09 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm looking into LLVM, and I must say it looks supremely cool. However,
I'm having a hard time getting anywhere with it, since I don't have a linux
machine here, and cygwin seems like a bit of a second-class citizen.

The instructions to build the cygwin binaries are outdated, so I have
to just make some guesses as to what the right thing to do is, and
I'm apparently not guessing right. (For example, extensive mention is
made of a directory "cfrontend/src" which doesn't seem to exist. Perhaps
it's what's now called llvm-gcc?)

Forgive me for saying so, but I don't really want to spend any time
*building* llvm; I want to *use* it. I've spent four days trying
to get a usable set of executables, and no luck so far. Yes, I pulled
everything from CVS; yes, I built my own binutils. I'm still trying, but
four days is a long time for no success.

Anyway, I notice that last night's cygwin nightly build suceeded;
could I just pretty please have those binaries? Some projects
I've seen have a "download nightly build" section for the
adventurous; mightn't you do the same? This would be hugely
useful until there's a forehead-build (or better yet, forehead-install)
for llvm on cygwin.

Marshall Spight