[LLVMdev] making cygwin nightly builds available?

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Fri Jan 21 12:14:41 PST 2005

Hi Marshall,

LLVM *is* cool .. just not on cygwin! :)

Sorry for the sad state of the cygwin build. I had hoped to have it
cleaned up by now but many other things have been taking my time.
Although the build has been succeeding in recent days, I'm not sure it
will buy you anything. NONE of the nightly tests pass on cygwin. Until I
can get some time to figure out why that is happening, I doubt the
binaries will be of any help to you.

I'll be looking at this in the coming weeks. Cygwin build support is
scheduled for LLVM 1.5 (March). When I get binaries that pass the
nightly test, I'll make them available on my download page. You can
reach that at http://illuvium.net/

FYI, work progresses on the Win32 native port which you might also find
interesting. It might even get done before the cygwin stuff. Jeff Cohen
is working on that. Perhaps he can indicate the status of that effort.

Reid.