[LLVMdev] Plea for help

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon May 3 12:17:07 PDT 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004, John Criswell wrote:
> Finn S Andersen wrote:
> > Sorry to disturb you all, but I simply cannot get
> > the linearscan allocator to work. I have upgraded
> > llvm to mainline cvs. Everything works until I get
> > to llc -regalloc=linearscan or lli -regalloc=linearscan.

In addition to what John asked, can you say HOW it's failing?  Does the
program crash?  Does the register allocator crash (ie, does llc crash)?

Can you send the output of 'llc -o - foo.bc -debug -print-machineinstrs'?

> Can you also do the following:
>
> 1) Verify that the input file works correctly for the other register
> allocators.

No need to try all of them, just make sure the default allocator works.
If I remember right, you were having problems even with "hello world" type
of programs, so I don't think it's your code.

In any case, this is really distressing, and I would like to get this
resolved!  :)

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/