[LLVMdev] Compare With GNU Lightning

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Wed Nov 12 17:55:01 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 13:01, Chris Lattner wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Reid Spencer wrote:
>
> > Just wondering if anyone con compare LLVM JIT with GNU Lightning?
> >
> > Have we looked at GNU Lightning? While its not complete, neither is
> > LLVM's JIT. What's to stop us from integrating?
>
> Just out of curiousity, how is the LLVM JIT not complete?  While I know
> that we are not 'performance complete', we are basically feature complete.
> GNU lightning is far from being feature complete (see Brian's post), and
> we have better performance than it too.
>
> Just curious, :)
>
> -Chris

Actually, I made the "LLVM JIT not complete" comment based on previous
emails with you where
you mentioned that it wasn't. You were probably referring to additional
optimizations that could be
implemented but I wasn't cognizant of that from our previous
discussion.

I haven't looked closely enough at the JIT stuff yet to be able to make
a determination on my own
so I'll just have to take your word for it that its "feature complete"
.. until I find out otherwise :)

Reid.