[LLVMdev] Compare With GNU Lightning

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Wed Nov 12 18:12:02 PST 2003

> Actually, I made the "LLVM JIT not complete" comment based on previous
> emails with you where you mentioned that it wasn't. You were probably
> referring to additional optimizations that could be implemented but I
> wasn't cognizant of that from our previous discussion.

Ok, that makes sense.  It is not currently "all that it could be", but it
is still quite useful  :)

> I haven't looked closely enough at the JIT stuff yet to be able to make
> a determination on my own so I'll just have to take your word for it
> that its "feature complete" .. until I find out otherwise :)

The one feature it is missing is support for exception handling.  For that
you unfortunately still must use the CBE.  I believe that this is the only
"required feature" missing from it though.  *shrug*

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/Projects/