[lldb-dev] lldb-vscode plugin information for Windows/Arm platform

Ted Woodward via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 21 08:30:29 PST 2022

The last 2 Hexagon release trains have shipped with vscode support on Linux and Windows. I worked with Greg to do what you want to do – make a vscode extension to allow it to use lldb-vscode as its debugger.

I wrote a batch script that:

  *   Removes the extension directory
  *   Creates the extension directory (%USERPROFILE%\.vscode\extensions\qualcomm-hexagon.lldb-vscode-8.5)
  *   Copies package.json to the extension directory
  *   Copies a dragon image I made (based on one from the llvm site) to <extension>\images
  *   Uses mklink /j to link the bin and lib directories from my toolset installation

The internal name of the extension defaults to lldb-vscode. I change this to include our release number, since it’s valid to have multiple toolset installations that are installed where the user wants, and we don’t want 8.5 to conflict with 8.6, etc.

Because it’s valid to install multiple releases, I link to the bin and lib directories for this extension’s installation. This also lets me have release and debug extensions – copy the release extension, change the internal plugin name in package.json, and point the links to my bin and lib directories. Then I can change the plugin name in my testcase’s tasks.json to point to my debug or release extension.