[lldb-dev] multiple DW_TAG_compile_unit in 1 ir file

Carlo Kok ck at remobjects.com
Tue Oct 23 07:48:02 PDT 2012

Op 22-10-2012 10:43, Carlo Kok schreef:
> LLVM's debug info generator is perfect happy with multiple
> DW_TAG_compile_unit's in 1 IR file.
>
> Even after compiling to .o, the object file contains two of them,
> however when linking with ld (osx) and then loading with LLDB there's
> only one eSymbolTypeObjectFile in the file (Which make sense) and an
> eSymbolTypeSourceFile "source" before that so during debugging, it only
> accepts the first source file for breakpoints. Is there a way to change
> how I emit it in LLVM or fix in LLDB to get this to work properly?
>
> My IR (compiled as x86_64):
> http://pastebin.com/DAF7nhDe

dwarfdump of the file:
http://pastebin.com/CYarpscv

(looks oke)

nm of the mach-o executable looks wrong:
http://pastebin.com/EyiWc4Dj

one file is seen as a source file while the other is seen as "include"

SOL AppDelegate.pas << include
SO C:\Users\Carlo\Documents\Visual Studio
2012\Projects\CocoaApplication1\CocoaApplication1/
SO Program.pas