[flang-dev] Flang Biweekly Sync - Notes from the May 12, 2021 call

Perry-Holby, Alexis via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 12 09:20:52 PDT 2021

Flang team,

Here are the notes from the May 12, 2021 Flang Community biweekly call.

We will be switching over to using a Google Doc for keeping record of the notes for future meetings, available here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/10T-S2J3GrahpG4Ooif93NSTz2zBW0MQc_RlwHi0-afY/edit?usp=sharing>.  If you have trouble accessing the document, please email me (aperry at lanl.gov<mailto:aperry at lanl.gov>) and I will add your email to the access list.

Also, let me know if you have any topics you would like to see covered in the next call.

Upcoming calls (all times Pacific time unless otherwise specified):
Call

When

LLVM Flang Technical Community call

Monday, May 17, at 8:30 AM

LLVM Alias Analysis call

Tuesday, May 18, at 10:00 AM

Classic Flang biweekly call

Wednesday, May 19, at 8:00 AM

Weekly OpenMP developer call

Thursday, May 13, at 8:00 AM

Flang biweekly call (this call)

Wednesday, May 26, at 8:30 AM

New Driver Technical biweekly call

Monday, May 24, at 4:30 PM UK time

LLVM OpenACC upstreaming call

Wednesday, May 19, at Noon

Information for joining these calls and the Flang Slack workspace can be found at http://flang.llvm.org/docs/GettingInvolved.html.

Thank you,
-- Alexis

 Agenda:

  *   LLVM Flang Technical Call agenda
  *   LLVM Flang development updates
     *   Fir-dev merge status
        *   Still paused, awaiting re-strategizing
     *   New Driver work
        *   New driver is now on by default, but can be turned off if need be
     *   OpenMP/OpenACC work
        *   Nesting of region semantic checks.
        *   OpenACC enter_data MLIR to LLVM IR lowering. We can use this for OpenMP as well.
     *   F95 support
        *   Progress continues
        *   List of intrinsics and current status? (Jean and Pat will investigate if it can be sent out to everyone)
     *   Quick Fortran in LLVM test suite status
        *   Integration of Fortran SPEC CPU2017 tests is finally done!
        *   Many thanks to Michael Kruse for reviewing many patches.
        *   Next work is performance tests.
  *   Classic Flang development update
     *   Alias analysis improvement presentation (https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/flang-dev/2021-May/000711.html)
     *   One patch to build pgmath on windows.

Details:

  *   Flang on GitHub
     *   LLVM Flang is in https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/tree/main/flang.
     *   There have been 3,197 commits for LLVM Flang encompassing over 197,000 lines of code, documentation, CMakefiles and tests.
     *   There have been 1,786 total commits to Classic Flang in https://github.com/flang-compiler/flang.
  *   LLVM Flang recent development
     *   OpenMP
        *   Add semantic checks for strict nesting inside `teams` construct.
        *   Fix the worksharing nesting check with inclusion of more constructs to cover combined constructs.
        *   Add semantic check for occurrence of constructs nested inside a SIMD region
     *   New Driver
        *   Remove `%f18` from LIT configuration files
        *   [cmake] Enable the new driver by default
     *   Runtime
        *   Runtime must defer formatted/unformatted determination
        *   Fix race condition
        *   Implement NAMELIST I/O
        *   Implement NORM2
     *   Allow KIND type parameters to be used as LEN parameters of components
     *   Use CFI_TYPE_LAST instead of CFI_type_struct
     *   Fix handling of elem_len in CFI_establish
     *   Provide access to constant character array data
     *   Add tests for MIN for character arrays
     *   Enable export of FIR includes into the install tree
     *   Allow large and erroneous ac-implied-do's
  *   Classic Flang recent development
     *   Add Windows ARM64 port to libpgmath
     *   Drop building with llvm-9 and adjust the number of artifacts from classic-flang-llvm-project to 3