[flang-dev] Which version of clang-format to use?

Peter Steinfeld via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 14 06:35:11 PDT 2021

Over the past several months, I've always used the latest version of clang-format built from the latest version of LLVM.  Currently, this is version 13.0.0.  When recently reviewing Phabricator requests, I've noticed differences caused by changes in clang-format.  So I decided to clean up all of the differences and filed https://reviews.llvm.org/D102424.  But when Phabricator displayed my request, it annotated it with several comments saying that clang-format needed to be run on some of the files.  Apparently Phabricator is using a different version of clang-format, so I filed https://github.com/google/llvm-premerge-checks/issues/303 for this issue.

What's the proper process?  Which version of clang-format should we all be using?

Pete