[flang-dev] Flang + CMake

Andrzej Warzynski via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 2 14:06:53 PDT 2021

Hi Tin,

Thank you for taking a look at this!

* LLVM Flang - https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/tree/main/flang
* Classic Flang - https://github.com/flang-compiler/flang

IIUC, the existing identification in CMake is for "Classic Flang". We
want to preserve it - there will be a lot of developers that rely on it.
So for "LLVM Flang", we probably want to add something new rather then
modify the existing identification.

I'm not too concerned about the actual name, but I think that it would
be very beneficial if we abandoned the name "Flang" in favour of
something that uniquely identifies "Classic Flang" and "LLVM Flang".
Otherwise this gets too confusing.

In my original e-mail I was only referring to "LLVM Flang". It was my
incorrect assumption that the existing identification in CMake was
introduced for "LLVM Flang". Apologies for that.

-Andrzej