[flang-dev] Flang + CMake

Tin Huynh via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 2 10:25:21 PDT 2021

Hi,

I've been asked by Steve to take a look at Flang CMake integration as I have upstreamed the original flang integration in the past.

I've taken a look and confirm that if we change the predefines that CMake looks for from upper case __FLANG to __flang__ (and other similar predefines) cmake will be able to identify and use flang.

The question I want to pose is: what should we name this flang for cmake identification? There is already an existing flang identification in CMake that I assume people depend on. So we will need to duplicate the CMake identification bits for original flang into a different name. I would like suggestions for what to name it. (Perhaps llvm-flang?)

I can set up the initial CMake identification for flang and create a pull request upstream, but going forward someone with more familiarity with flang's options should maintain it.

Tin