[cfe-users] How to enable Initialization Order Fiasco sanitizer from the command line?

Alexey Samsonov via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 11 15:43:10 PST 2016

To quote Reid's response from another group:

"""
If you want to bake in some options at compile time, there are a few ways
to do it. -DASAN_DEFAULT_OPTIONS=check_initialization_order=true will work,
or you can define the __asan_default_options function somewhere in the
binary like this:

extern "C" const char *__asan_default_options() { return
"check_initialization_order=true"; }
"""

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 2:53 AM, Jeffrey Walton via cfe-users <
cfe-users at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> We have a C++ library and a test script that grinds though various
> configurations. It include various sanitizers. The script is a
> security gate, and the self tests must pass for a release.
>
> I want to add the Initialization Order Fiasco sanitizer as a command
> line option, and not a envar export. There are some reasons for it,
> like a positive confirmation the option exists and explicit invocation
> of the checker.
>
> How do I enable Initialization Order Fiasco sanitizer from the command
> line?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Alexey Samsonov
vonosmas at gmail.com