[cfe-dev] [analyzer] Using Phabricator Project/Group and Ponder

Gábor Horváth via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 28 11:02:28 PDT 2020

Hi!

I am not opposed to having an analyzer group but I would prefer to keep the
technical discussions on cfe-dev for the following reasons:
- Newcomers are more likely to search/ask on cfe-dev
- I am not sure whether we will continue to use Phabricator indefinitely,
there are some debates about this. While the mailing list is unlikely to go
away anytime soon
- Fragmentation can be bad
- Technical questions are never considered spam on cfe-dev (especially when
the discussion is tagged properly)

I think, currently, one of the best ways to subscribe to analyzer related
patches is to watch changes to certain directories and patches with certain
[tag]s. I do support, however, everything that makes maintaining herald
rules easier.

Cheers,
Gabor