[cfe-dev] Incomplete binary distribution windows

Zachary Turner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 8 08:39:00 PDT 2018

I can theorize that perhaps what breaks is that if you have an old VS
integration + LLVM installed, then install a new LLVM, the old VS
integration will not be able to find the new clang-cl.exe.  I don't have a
good idea on how to address this off the top of my head except perhaps to
create the msbuild-bin folder but put a DEPRECATED.TXT file in there so
people will find it.

The other problem though is that the new VS integration only works with >=
2017, so if someone can't upgrade for some reason, this would still be a
problem for them.  Perhaps we could continue copying the main executable
there for backwards compatibility?