[cfe-dev] Incomplete binary distribution windows

Hans Wennborg via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 8 06:50:23 PDT 2018

As noted on http://llvm.org/builds/ the installer no longer includes
the Visual Studio integration, instead a new one can be downloaded
from https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=LLVMExtensions.llvm-toolchain
and that does not rely on having the "fake" cl.exe executable.

Can you share more details on what broke because the installer doesn't
include msbuild-bin/cl.exe? This will also apply to the upcoming llvm
7 release, so it would be good to understand if this causes problems.

Thanks,
Hans