[cfe-dev] LibC++ v3.8 - Problems with ISO C wrapper headers

Craig, Ben via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 26 11:41:51 PST 2016

With regards to "where do we want to be", we shouldn't take the complete
opposite approach and have the libcxx provide none of the C headers.  At
a minimum, we need a libcxx version of tgmath.h that hides the C version
of tgmath.h.  The generic macros from tgmath.h would play havoc with the
overloaded functions in cmath.

Maybe all the other libcxx C headers could forward to the underlying C
headers (or maybe not), but tgmath.h (and maybe others I'm forgetting)
are special, and should not forward to the underlying C header.