[cfe-dev] LibC++ v3.8 - Problems with ISO C wrapper headers

Marshall Clow via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 25 14:30:38 PST 2016

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Howard Hinnant <howard.hinnant at gmail.com>
wrote:

> [snip]
> Martin is 100% correct as far as historical intent goes.  The
> mis-interpretation of these words by Richard and Eric is evidence that the
> standard remains buggy in this area.

While I bow to Howard's experience and to his recollection, I have to
disagree with his characterization of Richard and Eric's posts as
"mis-interpretation".

I believe that they have accurately reflected what is written in the
standard.

But that's just a nit.
The real questions are - where do we want to be, and how can we get there?

(and let's not forget http://cplusplus.github.io/LWG/lwg-defects.html#2086)
as well, which implies that there is no support for user-defined types in
<cmath>.

-- Marhsall