[cfe-dev] Trying to build libcxx/libcxxabi on Linux 64 bit

Matthew Dempsky matthew at dempsky.org
Mon Jun 24 01:43:48 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 12:25 AM, Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Matthew Dempsky <matthew at dempsky.org> wrote:
>> libc++abi only depends on libc++'s headers.  Install the libc++
>> headers, build libc++abi, then build libc++.
>
> This is strange -- please add that in some readme file or something.

[I'm not a libc++/libc++abi developer.]

> Anyhow, as I said I compiled libcxx once against libsupcxx and
> installed it, and then trying to compile libcxxabi I got the """error:
> unknown type name '_Unwind_Exception'""" error which I reported above.
> Please see my previous post about this and kindly help me resolve that
> problem.

You probably need to install unwind.h from either libgcc or libunwind.
 It looks like Clang's builtin <unwind.h> header is pretty incomplete,
and doesn't provide _Unwind_Exception.

Perhaps file a bug against Clang asking that
clang/lib/Headers/unwind.h should be made more complete with regard to
the Linux Standard Base.