[cfe-dev] Trying to build libcxx/libcxxabi on Linux 64 bit

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 02:36:40 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Matthew Dempsky <matthew at dempsky.org> wrote:

> You probably need to install unwind.h from either libgcc or libunwind.
>  It looks like Clang's builtin <unwind.h> header is pretty incomplete,
> and doesn't provide _Unwind_Exception.

Hi thank you for your reply -- installing the libunwind8-dev on my
Kubuntu Raring system fixed the compilation of libcxxabi. I have now
copied the libc++abi.so to my /usr/lib.

Now I once more try to compile libc++ using libc++abi (previously I
used libsupc++):

I have my libcxx and libcxxabi SVN repos under: ~/sr/_repos/svn/

[samjnaa:~/sr/_repos/svn/libcxx/build] CC=clang CXX=clang++ cmake -G
"Unix Makefiles" -DLIBCXX_CXX_ABI=libcxxabi
-DLIBCXX_LIBCXXABI_INCLUDE_PATHS=../../libcxxabi/include/
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:118 (message):
  Failed to find cxa_demangle.h
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:140 (setup_abi_lib)

There is no cxa_demangle.h in the libcxxabi source tree! What to do!?

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा