[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] [Announcement] 3.3 Release Planning!

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Apr 4 12:29:36 PDT 2013

On 4 April 2013 19:26, Galina Kistanova <gkistanova at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, we have couple beagleboards. I can make them available if this will
> add value.

I think a simple ClangBuilder on it for now would be good. I'm looking into
getting a self-hosting Panda on my local buildmaster. If it works, I'll
send the patch. I'll only be able to look at beagle boards in a week from
now (holidays), so if you have them ready, feel free to use them.

Maybe we should set a special "release" buildmaster? Which would
> orchestrate slow bootstrapped builds with extensive testing and collect
> binaries. This lets us unify the way how it gets built and formally tested.
> And would save testers time for more advance testing.

We thought about that for a while, but since the requirements we want for
builds are the same we want for CI, the idea was to create the
infrastructure for CI and only tag the good builds for release.

The collection of binaries is another story, I agree an automated way is
necessary, but I have little experience with that. I hear Jenkins can
do marvellous things, but I never used it, let alone configure it. Having a
buildbot just for the binaries would also work if at the end it'd push to a
release server (FTP/HTTP area for download).

cheers,
--renato