[cfe-dev] Run tests after building with CMake and Xcode?

Ryan Gerleve aikavanak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 18:27:15 PDT 2010

[snip]

>> So it is needed to locate the point where the path to clang breaks. I
>> don't have an OS/X machine, so can't help, sorry. My guess is that the
>> problem happens in the `c-index-test' tool.
>
> You are correct. It's not a problem with CMake or lit; c-index-test uses the libclang shared library, which expects to find "clang" in ../bin/clang relatively to itself. It's actually a holdover from an old, to-be-deprecated API that implements some of the Clang C API via invocations of the clang binary.

I am willing to help out with updating libclang to use
an updated API (what API would that be? Linking with
clang libraries directly instead of calling the binary?).
But, I am new to clang development - would this be a
good project with which to get my feet wet?

Also, I'm curious as to the need for maintaining two
different build procedures, especially since CMake
can generate makefiles as well as project files. Are
there plans to migrate to a single system exclusively
in the future? If not, what's the advantage to maintaing
both of them?

Thank you,
Ryan