[cfe-dev] Run tests after building with CMake and Xcode?

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Mon Sep 20 07:38:36 PDT 2010

On Sep 19, 2010, at 1:41 PM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> Ryan Gerleve <aikavanak at gmail.com> writes:
>
> [snip]
>
>> It's the "error invoking /Users/Ryan/llvm-xcode/lib/Debug/../bin/clang"
>> part that led me to believe the path was set up incorrectly. Notice that
>> the "note: using clang ..." in the beginning of the output has the
>> correct path.
>>
>> There are 34 more failures like this, most with the same error. A few fail
>> with just "expected string not found in input," and no "error invoking ..."
>
> [snip]
>
> So it is needed to locate the point where the path to clang breaks. I
> don't have an OS/X machine, so can't help, sorry. My guess is that the
> problem happens in the `c-index-test' tool.

You are correct. It's not a problem with CMake or lit; c-index-test uses the libclang shared library, which expects to find "clang" in ../bin/clang relatively to itself. It's actually a holdover from an old, to-be-deprecated API that implements some of the Clang C API via invocations of the clang binary.

	- Doug